Brick, concrete, stone, stucco or other building surfaces contain water in which salts can be dissolved and, as drying and evaporation occurs, this causes the salts to crystallise out, producing white crystals known as efflorescence on the surface.
Salt or Lime efflorescence is a common problem which can affect many types of stone structures. Walls and Monument stones can absorb ground water which, as it dries out, leaves behind salt crystals which will expand and break apart the stone over time.
ThermaClean will begin by evaluating the condition of your stone and planning any necessary cleaning or restoration work with sympathy and care.
Using gentle abrasion, our super heated water system can remove these stubborn brittle coatings without damaging surfaces.
About our professional, steam based, stone and masonry cleaner
ThermaTech the cleaning system of choice for many stone and conservation companies and architects.
- Very high temperature water for effective cleaning.
- Low pressure cleaning guarantees absolutely no surface damage.
- No harmful chemicals are used and no residue is left behind after cleaning.
Find out more
Our business group inc.
Building Conservation Isle of Man
- On-site trials and reports
- Structural Repairs & Stabilisation
- Consultancy Services
BC IOM is an Isle of Man based Building Consultancy specialising in survey, repair and maintenance of our historic built environment.
Lightfast Ltd - IOM Agency for Keim
- On site surveys & inspections
- Detailed project proposals and specs
- Detailed advice available
Supplying MINERAL PAINTS & LIME RENDERS on the Isle of Man. Contact us to arrange an on-site inspection and survey.